The latest product I have been asked to review for BzzAgent is the new Hydra Recharge line by Garnier Fructis. I received a free bottle of shampoo and conditioner, along with a tube of their 1-Minute Moisture-Plenish Treatment.
So, what does this new line of hair products claim to do?
Infused with superfruits for silky-soft hydration, Hydra Recharge will recharge your thirsty locks and keep your hair super silky and surprisingly weightless for up to two whole days.
That sounds perfect for me. I have thin, fine, super straight hair. It gets very dry at the ends, but somehow manages to get greasy very easily at the roots. I usually can’t go more than a day without washing my hair or using a lot of dry shampoo. I also have never been able to use a moisturizing shampoo without my hair being too weighed down. Stupid hair is stupid.
How did this shampoo/conditioner perform? Here’s the rundown:
- The packaging, as is normal with Garnier Fructis products, is cute and bright green. I love bright green.
- The products smell amazing but not overpowering. They use goji berry, passion fruit and kiwi, which is a very pleasant blend. I found the scents weren’t as strong as Fructis products usually have.
- The shampoo lathers and foams awesomely. I guess that’s due to the little beads that are supposed to “burst on impact.” It also does an amazing job at actually cleansing the hair. I could tell; it felt like I had just used a really nice clarifying shampoo.
- When it was all said and done, my hair felt amazing. It was shiny, super soft, and wasn’t weighed down. I could not stop touching it. I even made some other people feel it. Yes, it was that soft.
- I also discovered that it kept my hair cleaner longer. I could skip a shampoo and not need to use a bunch of dry shampoo to hide the ick. Although I wash my hair everyday due to my gym/workout schedule, it’s nice to know I could skip a day if I had to.
- The 1-Minute Moisture-Plenish Treatment is pretty awesome, too. It really does make a huge difference in my hair’s health and shine. Garnier suggests using it twice a week. I found that once a week was perfect for my hair type.
What’s the verdict? I actually love everything about this line and will definitely be buying it again in the future. Not right away, though, because I like to cycle shampoos. My hair gets used to them, and I find they don’t work so well after a while. Anyone else have this issue?!