The lovely Angie from Angie’s Grapevine has nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award! Thank you, Angie!! Go check out her blog. Seriously. Do it.
My extended Holiday weekend is coming to an end. Starting tomorrow, I have to attempt to get back to real life. I have to wake up super early. I have to take Trinity to school. I have to go to the gym. I have to stop being lazy. I’m not looking forward to it, but I function better when I’m on a schedule.
The end of this Holiday weekend is, in my head, the end of Autumn. It may not technically be winter until December 21st, but I shall believe it to be winter from now on. I know my brain isn’t always right, but whatever. Most of the trees are bare, it’s cold outside, and we already had one day of snow. It’s winter.
That means it’s time to go over my Autumn Checklist. I found this on Pinterest, from this site. I’m pretty sure that’s not the original source. If you know who created it, let me know so I can properly credit it! Also, it’s dated 2011. I realize it’s 2012. Just because it’s outdated doesn’t mean it’s not an awesome list.
I did a pretty good job with this list. I may not have checked everything off, but I’m still pretty proud of myself. Here’s the rundown:
- Apple Picking: I actually did this twice. Once with Megan and then again with Daniel and Trinity.
- Make Leaf Art: I totally made leaf roses. That’s all, though.
- Go On A Hayride: I went on a total of three hayrides this fall. Two were during the apple picking adventures. The other time was at the pumpkin patch.
- Have a Photoshoot in a Leaf Pile: This one was completed as well. Leaf piles are the best! We enjoyed ours for hours.
- Enjoy a Bonfire with S’mores: The closest I came to this was the day of our Halloween Party. We made ghost s’mores over our fire pit. It was not even close to a bonfire, but I say I still get half points for this!
- Make Caramel Apples: Unless you count covering apple slices in caramel sauce, this one was not completed. I’ll give myself half points again, because I’m awesome like that.
- Corn Maze: I completed this one the day we went to the pumpkin patch. Trinity got us lost, and we spent an hour trying to find our way out!
- Go To a Pumpkin Patch: I’ve already linked this post, but here it is again. I also went to a glass pumpkin patch. That was pretty awesome.
- Go On Two Dates: Again, I only get half points for this one. I went on the Grim Philly Tour with Daniel, but we never got a chance to do something else just the two of us. His work schedule sucks sometimes.
- Make Fall Cookies: I haven’t posted the recipes yet (watch for them on Om Nomalicious), but I made pumpkin snickerdoodles, pumpkin molasses cookies, and pumpkin spice thumbprints for Thanksgiving. They were all delicious.
- Take a Nature Walk: Just one? I did this a bunch of times, actually. Nature walks are my favorite! Click here and here to see pictures of nature.
- Trick or Treat: We actually went twice: once in Megan’s neighborhood and once here.
- Bake Pies: I baked a cheesecake. Does that count? No? Ok, then I get zero points for this one. As an avid baker, this is embarrassing.
- Decorate a Pumpkin: I carved an awesome pumpkin! You can see pictures of it (and everyone else’s) here.
- Drink Fancy Coffee Drinks: I drink coffee everyday. I rarely get a fancy one. So, I guess zero points for this one, too.
- Picnic: Um… again, zero points. The last picnic I had was in August.
So, out of a total of 16 points, I ended up with 11.5 points if you count my self-awarded half points. I’d only have 10 if you don’t. However, if you count the ones I accomplished multiple times, I’d have 18, or 19.5 with the half points. I’m saying 11.5/16 is my official score. That’s not too horrible. At least I don’t think it’s horrible. How many points would you have?