Today my baby girl started 7th grade. It’s a very bittersweet day. She’s growing up too fast, but she’s growing into an amazing young woman. I’m a proud mama.
Waking up today was awful, though. I couldn’t sleep last night; sometimes I suffer from insomnia. I’m trying to stay awake all day so I can sleep well tonight. I’m heading to the gym as soon as Daniel gets home. That should give me energy to make it through some of the day. That and coffee.
Anyway. Since it is the first day of School, that means that summer is officially over. Anyone remember when I made a list of things I wanted to do over the summer? If you don’t remember it, just click that link to be reminded.
It’s a little depressing to think about, but I didn’t get as much done as I wanted. I did do a bunch of stuff not on the list, though. Shall we review??
Lose 10 Pounds– I don’t even want to talk about this one. Seriously, I could rant about this all day, but I really should get to the doctor at some point about my issues. One day, I’ll make a post about said issues. Get my 5k time on the trail under 36 minutes– Again, blah. I can do it on the treadmill, but I haven’t been on the trail enough to work on it. I’m such a slow runner.
- Celebrate one of my best friend’s (AA’s) 21st Birthday!! – Or course this one happened. You can read about it here and see the cupcakes I made for her here.
Spend a ‘weekend’ in Baltimore– Again, didn’t happen. One day.
- See the coast of Maine – I actually did this one! I spent a few days in Maine, doing a bunch of fun things. You can read about my time at the coast and see my photos here.
- Climb to the top of the Cape May Lighthouse – I did this one, too, and it wasn’t really that exciting. I walked up a bunch of stairs; then I walked down them. I did get some pretty awesome photos, though. You can see them here.
Watch the sun rise over the Atlantic– It makes me sad that I didn’t get to do this. There’s still time, though. Sunrise isn’t as early now, so maybe it’ll be easier. I won’t have to wake up at 4 in the morning.
- Watch the sun set over the bay at least once – This happened the same day as the lighthouse adventure. I won’t link it again. Just go click the link above.
- See mc chris live – YES! This one was one of my favorite things of this summer. It was a pretty amazing evening. You can read about it here and watch a video of it here.
Finish my adventuring in Fairmount Park– We were going to work on this Monday, but the rain ruined the plans. Maybe I can get it done this fall. I was looking at the map more closely, though, and realized a bunch of the points of interest aren’t interesting. One is the police station. So, I don’t necessarily have 14 more points to see. Eat some Mac and Cheese at Delilah’s in the Reading Terminal Market– I don’t know how this one didn’t happen. It was pretty easy. Oh well. One day it will. Attend one cookout at my Aunt Sue’s and Uncle Chuck’s house for ‘Pappy’s Chicken’– I’m sad this one didn’t happen. They only did the chicken once, at the very beginning of the summer. I did get to a cook out at their house, but they didn’t have chicken. It was Hunter’s birthday party.
- Go to Knoble’s at some point – I’m excited this one actually happened. I didn’t think it would! I didn’t make a huge post about it, but I touched on this and the birthday party in this post.
- Sew a dress that I’ll actually wear – I made a really cute one that you can see here. I want to make another one. There are a few things I’d change next time, mainly using a stretchy fabric or more material for the skirt.
Road trip to Penn State– I didn’t expect this one to happen, and it didn’t. I’m not too heartbroken, but blah. I haven’t been there in years, and I really want to go.
- Have fun!!! – I did. I had a lot of fun.
So, yeah, I didn’t accomplish a lot, only about half. I guess it’ll be that much more to do next summer! It’s time to start a vacation and adventure fund.
I’m contemplating making a list for fall, since it is my favorite season. I love doing fall related things. Opinions on this? When would fall end? Thanksgiving? The end of November? I don’t know. It could be fun to do these lists for each season, though. Maybe I’ll just stick to summer list making. I need feedback on what you guys want to read about.
I just like making lists and having goals.
Now it is gym time. I’m sad to see summer go, but I’m excited for fall.